Before establishment of eDisha Kendras citizens has to run from pillar to post to get the service which largely depend upon the availability of the dealing hand. Citizen even didn’t know where to go and whom to contact for those services. He has to spend a lot of time & money on transportation etc. to avail these services. There was no defined timeline by which he could be able to receive these services or response to his grievance. Hence a large number of touts used to eloit the citizens. No computerized MIS was available for decision-making. After successful pilot run of the application at Kaithal, state government approved the setting up of 20 District Level eDisha Centres (DLeDC), one each at District Headquarters. The project has been implemented under the aegis of Society for IT Initiative Funds. eDisha is web based application and any service can be delivered from any counter/any location, so at the peak requirements of services, counters can be extended as per the crowd. More than 29 lacs transactions has been recorded in the first year itself.
Impact of the Project:
- The time bound service delivery has resulted in improving the efficiency in delivery of the services.
- Elimination of corruption and middlemen from the process.
- By providing a wide spectrum of services at a single place in multiple locations has helped in saving citizens from the trouble of running around various departments.
- Now people gets the service in one (if supporting s are available with him) or two (if not or in case of CSC) trips only.
- After the CSC came into the picture, the work load has been reduced from the govt. as the scrutiny of s and data entry part will be done by the CSC.
- e-Disha is web based application and any service can be delivered from any counter/any location, so at the peak requirements of services, counters can be extended as per the crowd.
- Due to streamlining of the service delivery, there is no Hassle-Bessel at the counters so it creates the speedy work and more services are delivered in the same time compared to earlier system.
- Helping in integration of databases of Government departments and organizations. This integration has also forced the user departments to carry out process re-engineering and standardization in delivery of services.
- Creating jobs in the districts for the local IT savvy youths.
- Spreading the utility of Information Technology among the masses.